The Ministry of Labor of Lebanon & the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA) are partnering up with Coursera, the lead platform for online learning, to provide Lebanese citizens with a transformative learning experience that can empower and enable them to transform crises into opportunities.
of Coursera learners started a new career after completing courses
of Coursera learners got a tangible career benefit from courses
The platform offers more than 4,000 cutting edge courses with certification, taught by top instructors from the world’s leading universities and organizations. This opportunity will open the door for you to pursue a learning path that can drive positive change in your personal and career development:
● Master the most in-demand technology and business skills to excel in your role.
● Enjoy an engaging and interactive learning experience with leading instructors.
● Work at your own pace with bite-sized sessions and a self-paced learning model.
● Earn university-accredited certifications in industry-vetted disciplines.
Slowed economic activity in Lebanon has resulted in an unemployment rate exceeding 30%, particularly impacting women and youth. We are offering certified training opportunities to help Lebanon reskill its unemployed workers in particular and empower its citizens in general.
It’s easy! APPLY NOW to get started today. Just click on the link above and fill out the form.
Enrollment deadline: 31 October 2020. Learning deadline: 31 December 2020. N.B. Places are limited!
Developing a habit of continuous learning can have a significant impact on your development: you can start today.
Certified courses are available to everyone, anytime, anywhere!
Make progress at your own pace with bite-sized sessions that can fit right into your schedule.
Most courses are self-paced, so you can begin learning once you create an account and enroll. Users will have free access to courses until 31 December.
Courses are open to all Lebanese citizens.
You can browse all available courses here: https://www.coursera.org/browse
Users can enroll in as many courses as they can take during the period between October and December.
The initiative provides free access to courses with certifications. Those who sign up can benefit from limitless free certified learning opportunities until 31 December.
Try using a different connection, a different user (laptop or desktop), or a different browser (Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge).
Try to upload the document and submit the form from a different browser or from a desktop.
Yes, any form of official identification can work.
We ask users to submit a form of official identification to make sure that they are Lebanese citizens benefitting from this initiative. It is a formality and therefore safe.
To get access to free courses sponsored by the Lebanese Ministry of Labor and ESCWA, follow these steps:
● In the email sent by Coursera, click on the Join Now button.
● In a new verification email sent by Coursera, click on the Confirm Email Address button
● Access your account.
● Switch from "My Coursera - All Courses" user to "Lebanese Ministry of Labor on Coursera" user (top-left drop-down menu).
● Browse courses and enroll.
● Make sure that under the title of the course that you select, you can see: “Sponsored by Lebanese Ministry of Labor / ESCWA".
If you have already set up an account on Coursera, you can enroll in courses even after the registration deadline (31 October).
When you enroll in courses, you will have until 31 December to complete any in-progress courses as part of the program. In other words, would have to pay for any certificates after 31 December.